Who is this course for? This course is suitable for vocational practitioners, with experience of teaching, assessing or supporting maths in the FE and skills sector.
All vocational teachers and trainers, consciously or unconsciously, can support their learners’ maths development. This is because maths is required to carry out almost all vocational tasks and is the medium through which learners demonstrate their skills and knowledge.
This course will help you develop your knowledge and confidence in order to:
- Motivate learners by helping them to value maths development and believe in their potential to achieve maths qualifications where required.
- Plan sequences of learning where maths is developed alongside vocational competencies.
- Support vocational learners’ maths progression by adopting assessment for learning approaches.
- Work collaboratively with maths specialists (or access specialist resources/ support) to ensure learners experience coherent maths development across programmes.
- Engage in their own maths development, and apply learning to their practice.
Registration begins at 09:30 am for a 10:00 am start with a finish time of 4.00 pm and places are restricted to just 16 delegates so we would encourage you to sign up as soon as possible.
There is a fee of £60:00 for this course as it is being delivered by the Education & Training Foundation and includes refreshments and lunch on the day.
To book your space, please visit our Eventbrite booking page here: Education & Training Foundation Maths Vocational Revitaliser+