As usually happens for each new academic year, the ‘further education and skills inspection handbook’ has undergone some minor updates and clarifications.
The revisions clarify the following:
- Monitoring visits to newly-directly funded providers
- Monitoring visits for further education and skills providers judged to require improvement
- Non re-inspection of apprenticeship provision where a college or provider has been found to be inadequate for overall effectiveness and/or inadequate for its apprenticeship provision and that provider has been removed from the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP)/ had its apprenticeship funding terminated
- Information on learners aged under 16 for the inspection of safeguarding
- Continuing Ofsted’s focus on the management and quality of sub-contracted provision
- Users’ views: Online questionnaires
- Development of a new Education Inspection Framework
- Ofsted electronic evidence gathering
The slightly revised handbook was published on 30 August and you can download this version here: Revised inspection handbook - We would recommend that you download a copy and read through the latest revisions made to the handbook.