We have negotiated a great deal on a one-day course for our members, aimed at practitioners and focusing on embedding approaches to English and maths support in vocational programmes.
Delivered by the Education and Training Foundation, delegates will:
- Review the English/maths skills that underpin vocational skills
- Identify the barriers that learners face in tackling English/maths tasks in a vocational context
- Demonstrate and try out a range of active learning strategies to develop English/maths skills on vocational courses
- Develop key mathematical ideas relevant to the learners you work with
- Support learners to develop communication confidence and abilities though their vocational learning programme
- Explore self-evaluations and online learning opportunities to develop your own personal English/maths
The course will be held on 29 June 2016 and runs from 09:30 until 4:30pm with lunch and refreshments provided and is available to members at a cost of just £100.
To book your place, email Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the delegates you would like to book on to this excellent course.