Gedling Sports Partnership are working with a number of partner schools and are looking to appoint a number of full-time enthusiastic, self-motivated and intuitive PE and School Sports Apprentices to work within a school setting and to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
The positions available are for a one year contract with qualifications and training delivered alongside the role.
The positions are aimed at 17 to 24 year olds and are based in Secondary/Primary Schools across a number of areas including, Nottingham, Erewash, Shropshire, Telford/Wreakin, Peterborough, Boston, Lincoln/Louth, Grantham/Stamford.
- The apprenticeship will lead to a qualification in a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of P.E and School Sport.
- An outline of the work tasks/responsibilities of a P.E and School Sport Apprentice will include:
- One day per week of training with Course Tutor and 4 days a week working in their school
- Support the delivery of P.E. and school sport
- Help select/train teams
- Run/assist with lunchtime/after school clubs
- Run Change 4 Life clubs or Energy Clubs
- Assist with competitions and School Games
- Mentor groups of more able/less able
- Assist with small group literacy/numeracy tasks if P.E. not timetabled
- Help with assessments and inputting of data
- Organise P.E. notice boards
- Take charge of P.E. store cupboard
- Ideally Maths and English at G.C.S.E Grade C or above (or Functional Skills Level 2, although this can be taught during the apprenticeship)
- A keen interest in sport
- Excellent levels of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to be adaptable and use initiative
To apply for this position, please email: email@example.com alternatively visit http://www.spiresportsolutions.co.uk/vacancies/ to download a recruitment pack and application form.