This course will help build your confidence around using a computer, tablet or smartphone to help you find and apply for work.
You will learn how to find and use websites, apps and other software to get information from the Internet. Enter information on to a web form such as a job application or your Universal Credit account.
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone needing help getting online using their computer, tablet or phone.
Clients moving to Universal Credit with a low level of digital skills.
What are the entry requirements?
Our only requirement is that you should be 19 years old or over and resident in England.
How long is the course?
The course runs for 8 weeks. The morning focuses on digital skills and the afternoon is dedicated to assisted job searching
How is it assessed?
Your tutor will assess you using a range of methods such as multiple choice questions, building a portfolio of work and observations.
What you will achieve
Level 1 Qualification in Digital Skills
What skills will I learn?
- Setting up a job search only email account.
- Managing your email accounts.
- Using search engines to research the companies you are applying to for a job
- Keeping your computer and data safe online
- How to use a variety of devices/apps to send and receive messages
- Managing your online public profile
EU Resident for the last 3 years
Courses for Jobseekers
Preparation for Work